There are elements of risk in skiing and snowboarding that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Read, understand, and accept the following code:
1. Ski under control and in such a manner you can stop or avoid other skiers or objects at all times.
2. On the slopes, people in front of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. When entering or merging a trail, or proceeding downhill, always look uphill and yield to other skiers.
5. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
6. All skiers and snowboarders must use equipment that prevents runaway accidents.