Want to work at Tussey Mountain?
Tussey Bär & Kitchen
Now hiring servers, bartenders, cooks, and dishwashers. Submit an online application today!
Part-time and full-time positions available.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor passengers in the safe loading and unloading of the ski lift.
- Provide instruction and superior customer service by interacting and talking to lift passengers.
- Slow or stop the lift as necessary to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers loading or unloading the lift.
- Operate lift to ensure that optimal chair capacity is achieved as determined by Lift Operations guidelines and performance reporting.
- Safely monitor the operation of the lift continually, including lift operations management console, and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions. Proactively notify maintenance/dispatch of repair or maintenance needs.
- Work closely with Lift Maintenance department to learn proper operation of lift equipment.
- Implement emergency procedures as required, including contacting Ski Patrol.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Maintain load and unload ramps and areas around all lift stations by shoveling and/or raking snow.
- Perform snow work, i.e., shoveling, raking, and sweeping chairs. Ensure all chairs are clear of snow, ice, and/or grease before loading passengers.
- Be familiar with all policies, procedures, and rules regarding operating and riding a ski lift and ensure that these are followed by other staff and guests
- Aid in the evacuation of a disabled lift if needed.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards etc.
- Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly. Maintain cleanliness of lift shacks and work area; remove trash when necessary.
- Answer guest questions by becoming familiar with the resort layout, products, and services, or by asking someone who can answer the guest’s questions.
- No experience necessary, we train all lift operators (even returnees).
- Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety.
- Must be physically capable of assisting guests while loading lifts, monitoring the unloading of lifts, shoveling snow, grooming load/unload ramps, making quick decisions, and assisting with lift maintenance if needed.
- Must have stamina to stand outside in alpine environment for long periods of time
- May lift up to 40 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to handle high guest volumes in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of assigned area, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
Junior Instructor Program
Open Interviews will be held on Saturday, December 3rd at 1:00 PM. Take a look at the official Junior Instructor Program – Toolkit for Participants and Parents to find out more about the training and program requirements. Join us on December 3rd to find out more!
Find out more information about Teaching at Tussey.
Event Staff assist with both large and small events at our Lodge, Pavilion, Patio, or Amphitheater. Contact [email protected] or fill out our online application!
Fun Centre Staff
Closed for the Season!
Open mid-April through September, our Fun Centre staff assist with the operation of family fun activities and maintenance of the facilities. Contact [email protected] or fill out our job application online.